* Please report animal cruelty and neglect as well as stray or injured animals to your local animal shelter. (Try for the no kill shelters if at all possible.ed)
* Avoid purchasing products that were tested on animals.
* Encourage friends and neighbors to join you in donating food, blankets, towels and time to your local animal shelter.
* Write letters to the editor of your local paper about the problem of unwanted, abused or neglected animals.
* Contact your elected representatives and urge them to sponsor stronger laws to protect animals from cruelty, and
* Share your love for animals and how to properly care for them with children - our greatest legacy will be a more animal friendly world!
"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." - Harriet Beecher Stowe
Join the Animal Defense League. You can contact them at www.aldf.org